Skip to main content

You are here

Ah Shit - check_http string

After updating the themes of www.alpha01.org, www.rubysecurity.org, www.rubyninja.org I completely forgot to also update the header template files to include once again their respective Google Analytics tracking code. This resulting in almost three months of no stats. When I originally setup the Nagios check_http 's on my sites, I didn't set them to also search for the custom Google Analytics string, which I always use this configuration at work on all http checks.

This can easily be accomplish using the -s|--string option of the check_http plugin.

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_http -I www.rubysecurity.org -S -t 10 --string UA-12912270-3

So the lesson learned, you should always configure your check_http Nagios service checks to also search for a custom string as part of the check!

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes